< Return to Job List
Company: Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
The Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Baseball Club, members of the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball, are seeking a Head Groudskeeper.
As a successful Head Groundskeeper, your main responsibility is to exercise complete managerial responsibility for the preparation, maintenance, and the general appearance of our playing surface. The primary function of this position is directing and supervising the use of this area while maintaining optimum playing conditions.
- Hire all staff and manage all grounds staff for our business.
- Work closely with sales to ensure all field related events are properly managed and to meet customer needs.
- Create and manage parameters and systems that work closely with the Director of Stadium Operations to help manage with off-season facility projects, and special event needs as they arise.
- Work with senior management to negotiate contracts and work with vendors companies as necessary for field needs and equipment.
- Manage inventory of grounds materials. Create and manage tracking systems for material usage.
- Prepare budgets and operate under budgetary guidelines; forecast for the future.
- Direct the effective, detailed and proactive maintenance of the playing surfaces, surrounding turf areas, and the common grounds, including but not limited to, litter control, mowing and trimming, seeding, painting/striping field, fertilization and weed management, infield tarp placement and removal, skinned-area preparation, including pitchers mounds, bullpens, home plates and infield areas, edging foul lines, base lines and other transition points, pre-game set up and post-game closure of field for home games and other events, and set up and take down of baseball equipment for team practice and drills.
- Create training and train all game-day employees and seasonal hires in grounds duties.
- Make regular field inspections to ensure the quality and safety of the playing field and surrounding turf.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with managers, coaches, umpires, etc.
- Ensure the safe and proper operation of all equipment utilized, maintaining that equipment in safe, clean, operable condition
- Handle daily operational ground duties as needed on game days which would include mowing the field grass, repairing playing surface, maintaining field irrigation and fertilization.
- Manage the set-up, maintenance, and close down of field including tarp pull.
- Monitor weather conditions for tarp pull with General Manager
- Baseball Field Maintenance including mound and home plate repair, skin work, bullpen repair, warning track work, and batting practice setup/teardown.
- Turf Maintenance including mowing, edging, fertilizer application, irrigation, verticutting, aerating, sodding, and over seeding.
- Winter snow removal from stadium grounds
- Off-Season responsibilities include participation in company sales efforts as directed by senior management
- Ideal applicant will have a background in turf management knowledge or related experience
- Ability to work all RedHawks home games in addition to non-game day events including NDSU Baseball
- Ability to work extensive hours including nights and weekends
- Ability to work and represent the RedHawks in a professional manner
- Ability to relocate to the Fargo, ND area
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision plan
- 401k Opportunity
- Disability and Life Insurance
To be considered for this position, please mail or email a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Matt Rau, General Manager
1515 15th Ave. N.
Fargo, ND 58102
The Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks are an EOE.